How to order
I try to have keyless D-flutes nearly finished in stock, so there is normally hardly any waiting time for them. For keyed instruments this is not the case, please contact me to check the actual waiting time.
When you want to order a flute, please contact me by phone or mail. You will be asked for several specifications:
- The pitch of the flute: D is standard
- The type of D flute (for the other pitches I only make one model): My own Lejeune model also called Standard, Pratten or Rudall&Rose
- The number of keys you want: zero keys is standard if nothing else is specified
- Other special options or wishes, for example:
- boxwood instead of African blackwood
- a sterling silver lined headjoint
- 'pipers grip' keys, meaning the Bb key is replaced by a right hand operated key
- left handed flute
- any other wishes
- Do you want an instrument case? A case comes free with a flute with six or more keys.
- Specify if you want them block- or pin-mounted (pin-mounted is standard on Pratten flutes, block-mounted on Rudall & Rose and Standard model)
- If you order a 6 or 8 key flute, do you want the model in Cocus and sterling silver lined headjoint?
- If you order an 8 key flute, specify the kind of C-foot you want: Pewter plugs or Boehm system
- Whether you'd like the keys to be for a left handed person
If you order keys:
For orders for keyed instruments you will be asked to send a deposit of 20% to confirm the order.